The Certificate in Interpretation addresses the legal, healthcare, and business environments.
The program consists of six courses (3 credits each) to be taken in a predetermined fashion. Therefore, a total of 18 credits is required to complete the certificate.
The mission of the Certificate in Interpretation program is to serve the interpretation needs of Hispanics in the Philadelphia region and beyond in legal, healthcare, and business environments.
- Offer credits representing academic achievement.
- Educate individuals for multi-competency employment.
- Keep pace with the need for linguistic specialists.
- Enhance students’ linguistic competence in Spanish and English and cultural awareness of contrasting elements between the dominant culture and those cultures of various Hispanic groups.
- Add La Salle University and its students to the national educational community of Translation and Interpretation Studies.
Program Specific Information
All courses are offered in the evenings. All courses (Fall and Spring) require a minimum of three hours of class time per week. The Fall and Spring semesters have a 14-week duration. Summer sessions have a 5.5-week duration and require a minimum of six hours of class time per week.