The mission of the Finance Department - in concert with the missions of the University and the School of Business - is to prepare students for a purposeful life by integrating Lasallian values with current financial management theory and practice. Through its curriculum and interactions with faculty and the external business community, the Finance major will provide students with an educational experience that emphasizes the sound fundamental financial concepts necessary for success in business and for preparing them to begin a meaningful career upon graduation.
- To understand the nature of firm value and maximization of shareholder wealth
- To understand basic financial securities, valuation models, and the trade-off between risk and return
- To understand capital budgeting techniques and discounted cash flow
- To understand capital structure concepts and their effect on firm value
- To understand how uncertainty and risk can be managed with forecasting and sensitivity analysis to improve decision